Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning his Championship Broncos year on our current offense?
(02-22-2023, 09:46 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I agree 100%. There was a long time where I argued Manning was better than Brady. Once he got to 5+ SB’s it became hard to make that argument though. Brady got it done, but Manning was always more impressive to me with the way he played and adjustments he made. Crazy that those two happened to play at the same time.

I always felt like the Brady-Belichick combo was lethal, both complimented each other really well. Brady winning one in Tampa further proved his greatness, but its not like Bruce Arians is a slouch either. Peyton never seemed to have a coach approaching Belichicks ability, not that Tony Dungy sucked, I just wouldn't put him in the same conversation. Not to mention that a lot of those Colts defenses were dreadful. The one season he got a fully healthy Bob Sanders and a decent defensive supporting cast he managed to win the Super Bowl against one of the better defenses of the 2000s decade. I legit think you could of gutted Peyton's offensive coaching staff every year during his prime and got the same results that proceeding season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peyton Manning his Championship Broncos year on our current offense? - pdub2005 - 02-22-2023, 11:07 AM