Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning his Championship Broncos year on our current offense?
(02-22-2023, 10:06 AM)Housh Wrote: I just think Manning would look different with our o line. I know he’s a pre snap god but i don’t think he’d a been able to overcome Prince and Adeniji

He's one of the greatest to ever do it and he isn't even that old yet. I could maybe understand this if we were talking about a QB from the 70's, but it hasn't even been a decade since Manning retired. Hell, sticking with the decade criteria, he was throwing for 5,477 and 55 TDs 10 years ago. In that same season, Manning had a time to throw of 2.36 seconds - about 6% faster than Burrow this season (2.5 seconds). In 2014, he had a TTT of 2.24 seconds, 11% faster than Burrow. 

He would be an bonafide MVP candidate on this roster and we'd be in the thick of the fight for the #1 seed. An example season of prime Manning if all we did was bump his volume up to Joe Burrow's 2022 volume would be 5,055 yards, 39 TDs and 14 INTs. This isn't even accounting for era adjustments. If we try to do some era adjusting, that turns into...

5,055 yards (stays exactly the same, funny enough. Using Y/A), 41 TDs, 11 INTs. Peyton was also more mobile than you're giving him credit for, but not like Burrow. I think the question should be "Would the Bengals win a Super Bow if prime Peyton was inserted onto this roster?" rather than "Would they make the playoffs?"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peyton Manning his Championship Broncos year on our current offense? - KillerGoose - 02-22-2023, 11:36 AM