Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-22-2023, 11:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hurst has never performed as a 1st round pick unless you are good with lik 8 ypc and 3 to 5 tds a  game. Mayer looks much better than Hurst.

You're going off Hurst's stats in CIN only though with this statement.

His career YPC is 9.7. He had 11.9 YPC in BAL.
Part of the reason he's lower in CIN is the routes he's running.

And you're also talking about Hurst's NFL career, but there is no NFL career when you're talking about NFL prospects, just their college careers and Combine/Pro Day performances.
I was referring to Hurst when he was coming out of college, so his NFL career doesn't apply in this case.
In college, Hurst averaged 12.8 YPC. Mayer averaged 11.7.

Mayer is not an uber-athletic and speedy TE. He's a true TE mold, just like Hurst was.
Like I said in my actual post (which you seemed to ignore in your reply) is I am curious how similar Mayer will be to Hurst's Combine numbers, as I think they will be very similar drill-wise.
In college, Mayer was better than Hurst stat-wise, so I can see Mayer being somewhat better in the NFL.
Do I think he'll be head and shoulders better though and be in that upper echelon of 700+ yard every year kinda TE? I can't say for sure, but I don't have confidence. Especially if he were a Bengal, as the Bengals don't use TEs enough as receivers to be in the upper tier in that category among the league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - ochocincos - 02-23-2023, 11:30 AM