Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals unlikely to be aggressive in free agency
(02-23-2023, 06:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I agree.  He understands the importance of getting paid, but Joe is a little off kilter, much in the same way as other greats but in his own way.  The guy seems to think about winning nonstop, like that is the goal.  Win, and then win some more. 

I have zero doubt that he understands the potential of longterm marketing cash that comes from being a winner.  How much money has Joe Namath made from marketing deals all these decades?  If the Jets lose that Super Bowl in 1969, how much of those marketing dollars in the last 53 years would Joe NOT have made?

Marrying a model worth half a billion can make decisions easier as well I guess...

Well we want Burrow to want to win win win here.  Right now it seems like the best way for Burrow to win would be to be the QB for the 49ers and play for league minimum.

The guy would probably get even more commercials and lifetime exposure if he won a bunch of SBs for the Cowboys or Steelers or a NY team, too.  We just have to keep him here.  I think he will stay here, but again, I hope he's thinking about football and not making commercials when he's 70.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals unlikely to be aggressive in free agency - Nately120 - 02-23-2023, 06:34 PM