Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Lewan...seems to want to join the Bengals
(02-23-2023, 11:52 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Agree.  Not saying it would be a great move by us, just another older, oft-injured roll of the dice.  The last two didn't pan out as well as we hoped and didn't finish the seasons.  

Yeah he has only played 20 games in 3 years but was a perennial pro bowler in his young prime. There may not be an ideal fix this year at tackle.  If we draft one early they may still only redshirt.  If we get an old vet like Lewan for a year or two we still don't have a long term fix.  

I'm assuming the FO sees Jonah and Jackson dueling for LT, and they'll take a RT (or LT really) in the first 4 rounds.  Lewan would have to sit idle for a while and see his market dwindle.  Then if he really wants to be a Bengal he may have to switch to the right side like Reiff did or one of the other guys would have to. I don't see it as ideal, but he is a cut vet and I really think they'll donrhe comp pick plan as a default.  

Side note: I'm more interested in this comment
https://atozsports.com/nashville/taylor-lewan-makes-statement-that-completely-discredits-pro-football-focus/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor Lewan...seems to want to join the Bengals - phil413 - 02-24-2023, 12:16 AM