Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-24-2023, 03:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Blind hater?  The only thing I've ever said that would be somewhat hateful is when I "laughed" (if that's the term I would use) at you saying Mayer is a generational TE talent.  He's just simply not.

Kincaid is my favorite TE in this draft.  I want my TE to be a complete mismatch in the passing game and I don't think that Mayer would be that at the Pro Level. 

If I can't have my guy be a mismatch, then he needs to be a dominant blocker as well as a guy that can get open.  Washington fits that bill.

I'm also just not a first round TE guy.  The first round guy rarely ends up being the best one out of the class.

Hammer I have to agree with you here. Mayer most certainly is not a generational talent. When it comes to athleticism and ability to create after the catch I believe Hurst is better. There are some absolutely outstanding TEs in this draft but none that I would take first round and it seems that many forget that Kelce was selected in the third round. The TEs I would much rather see the Bengals wait to take later would be (in no particular order)...

Josh Whyle - UC - I feel Whyle is already a more dynamic receiving threat and is far more dangerous after the catch.

Tucker Kraft - S. Dakota St. - I see skillsets in Kraft and Mayer that are very similar and I think that Kraft is better after the catch. I think in time Kraft will be a very good NFL TE.

Cameron Latu - Bama - I feel like Latu may be the most underrated TE in this entire draft. People do not seem to realize that this kid only played the position at the collegiate level for a single season. His film most certainly does not look like that of a first year TE. I would really like to get this kid and re-sign Hurst and let him mentor him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - OSUfan - 02-24-2023, 04:17 PM