Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-24-2023, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess if we traded a mid rounder for Bolles a lot of this is possible. But it is going to eat up the cap just retaining our own.

Tee is the X-factor along with if Mixon's contract is restructured or we just cut him to free up cap space.

A lot of that is gonna be draft. 

If we can retain at least 2 of Bell ($9-10 mil), Pratt ($8 mil), and Hurst ($6 mil) I'd be thrilled. Perine for $3 would be fantastic. Apple gravy. If we miss on one guy, it makes it easier to keep the others, or use that $$ to fill one of our needs in FA which then gives us more draft freedom. 

In terms of OL, I do not think a plug & play LT will be available at 28, nor do we have the cash (likey) for a starter level guy. I think we play it out at LT with Jonah & Carman. But a low cost vet T in FA or Day 2 pick (Wright, Jones, Bergeron, Mauch) is on the table for me. As is taking Harrison, Torrence, or Schmitz late first. More likely Day 2-3 help on the inside (Avila, Wypler, Vorhees, etc). 

But my feeling is we win the KC game, even with the OL situation, if Boyd doesn't get hurt. We need a 4th weapon who can seperate. Someone who threatens the defense. Be it a WR, TE, or RB. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-24-2023, 04:18 PM