Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-24-2023, 04:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A lot of that is gonna be draft. 

If we can retain at least 2 of Bell ($9-10 mil), Pratt ($8 mil), and Hurst ($6 mil) I'd be thrilled. Perine for $3 would be fantastic. Apple gravy. If we miss on one guy, it makes it easier to keep the others, or use that $$ to fill one of our needs in FA which then gives us more draft freedom. 

In terms of OL, I do not think a plug & play LT will be available at 28, nor do we have the cash (likey) for a starter level guy. I think we play it out at LT with Jonah & Carman. But a low cost vet T in FA or Day 2 pick (Wright, Jones, Bergeron, Mauch) is on the table for me. As is taking Harrison, Torrence, or Schmitz late first. More likely Day 2-3 help on the inside (Avila, Wypler, Vorhees, etc). 

But my feeling is we win the KC game, even with the OL situation, if Boyd doesn't get hurt. We need a 4th weapon who can seperate. Someone who threatens the defense. Be it a WR, TE, or RB. 

I don't see Pratt being extended even if I would be for it. I see Bates and Pratt leaving. Bell, Hurst, Perine, Apple, Flowers coming back.

Agree on Jonah and Jackson playing it out at LT unless we bring either Bolles in a trade or wait and get Lewan on a 1 year prove it deal.

Cutting or restructuring Mixon's contract would help in getting a vet OT and that is the way to go in FA as we saw last year even if a 
couple of our guys got hurt late in the season, the OL was starting to play well before the injuries. This shown getting proven vets on the
OL is the way to go to our FO. I like all the OL you mention, but we all know it takes awhile for any rookie.

Rapien just said he would consider Bijan Robinson if he fell to 28 and I honestly cannot hate on the thought. Besides Mayer and LaPorta
at TE, who are some of the WR's or weapons you would like to take in this draft that can separate? 

I honestly have been concentrating on the trenches early more than weapons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-24-2023, 04:48 PM