Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-24-2023, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't see Pratt being extended even if I would be for it. I see Bates and Pratt leaving. Bell, Hurst, Perine, Apple, Flowers coming back.

Agree on Jonah and Jackson playing it out at LT unless we bring either Bolles in a trade or wait and get Lewan on a 1 year prove it deal.

Cutting or restructuring Mixon's contract would help in getting a vet OT and that is the way to go in FA as we saw last year even if a 
couple of our guys got hurt late in the season, the OL was starting to play well before the injuries. This shown getting proven vets on the
OL is the way to go to our FO. I like all the OL you mention, but we all know it takes awhile for any rookie.

Rapien just said he would consider Bijan Robinson if he fell to 28 and I honestly cannot hate on the thought. Besides Mayer and LaPorta
at TE, who are some of the WR's or weapons you would like to take in this draft that can separate? 

I honestly have been concentrating on the trenches early more than weapons.

Well, it depends in what round we are talking about. 

In my head, we are keeping Tee long term. Boyd, too, but that is more questionable. So WR is gonna be a depth piece this year and possible Boyd insurance down the road.  But with Chase's versatility, we coukd move him to slot if/when Boyd goes, so then youd want an outside guy. 

Anyway, I am not likely to take a WR late first, but under the right combination of how FA goes and what is available, I could do it. More likely in a trade back situation where we get an extra pick. But if I am at #28 and the only guy I think can be an immediate diffetence maker for us is a WR, I do it. 

Late 1st (ours) or early 2nd (trade down): I really like Flowers from BC and Hyatt from Tennessee. Flowers more. Both are elusive & speedy. We don't really have that element outside of Chase. It seems like an insane use of a 1st, given the receiving corps, and it kinda is, but I think it would change the whole dynamic of the offense. Bell, Hurst & Apple would need to be back, else I likely go CB or TE first. I'd go OL on day 2 for depth. 

Later on: 
Cedric Tillman, Tennessee (Irwin/Morgan upgrade (2nd-3rd)
Charles Jones, Purdue (Taylor upgrade) (3rd-5th) 
Jayden Reed, Michigan State (ditto), (4th-6th) 
Taylor Scott, Cincinnati (ditto). 
Parker Washington, Penn State (ditto) (3rd-5th)

Jones is the most polished but least athletic. 

Some of the raw, bigger guys are semi-intruiging later on. But those guys would need to start on ST and would be Morgan upgrades. 

Mingo (Mississippi), Elijah Higgins (Stanford), Iosivas (Princeton).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-24-2023, 10:14 PM