Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-24-2023, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, what is nice is the interior is no longer the problem thankfully with Karras, Cappa and dare I say Volson.

Focus on the OT positions and we should be okay. Ignoring OT specifically the fact both La'el and Jonah are injury prone would
be a monumental mistake. La'el will not be 100% by the opener, no way.

Im with you, I dont see how there is any way Collins is ready for the start of the football season.   Maybe he will be ready later in the season but how many games is he going to miss?  Collins is a big dude and that is going to be a lot of weight on his knee with all the pushing and twisting he will need to be doing at RT.  I cant see how there is anyway he doesnt miss a significant amount of time.  Currently that leaves us stuck with Adeniji at RT.  There is no way the Bengals organization lets that happen again.  They will make some kind of move either through free agency or the draft to address RT.  Personally, I would like to see a proven free agent brought in because you never know how your draft picks are going to pan out and the Bengals dont have a very good track record picking O line guys.

LT should be addressed too because Jonah isnt the answer.  He keeps getting injured and isnt that great protecting the QB even when he is healthy.  He cant withstand the bull rush without being pushed back in to Burrow and just isnt strong enough.  Carman is definitely stronger and showed some ability at LT but I think its too small of a sample size to count on him.  Its too bad we didnt see more of Carman last year at LT so we would have a better understanding of what he offers at that position.  The coaching staff may just roll with what they got and cross their fingers the LT position doesnt let us down again.  For me, I think it is a concern.

Volson needs to step up his game.  He played below average but did get better as the year went on and he was just a rookie so you cant judge him the same way you would judge the others.  Still this is going to be his second season and he is no longer a rookie so he needs to show some big improvement.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - 007BengalsFan - 02-24-2023, 10:17 PM