Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(02-25-2023, 01:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A healthy Cappa, Collins, and Williams and we would have looked much better. 

The OT class is weak. And no G/C types are across the board first rounders. Expecting a rookie to come in and transform things is probably unrealistic. As is big FA spending. 

I like Schmitz, Avila, Wypler, and Wright. And Maybe Jones or Bergeron or Mauch. But those are Day 2 guys for me. And likely depth pieces to start. Though Karras could move to LG. 

Upgrading Smith, Adeniji, maybe Hill, and filling Scharping's slot shouod be our priority. A smart FA signing on the discount of guys who are cap casualties and at least 1 draft pick, maybe 2, in the top 4 rounds.

I agree with you.   But I just don't see the O linemen that are good enough available by the end of the 2nd round.  At least good enough to get two.  If we could trade down with the likelihood of drafting a Schmitz, Wright or Mauch at the beginning of 2 I'd be all over that.  My fear is that by the end of round 2 there won't be players that are difference makers as either starters or backups.  I actually like the guard and center prospects enough to draft at the end of one.

I am normally a BPA guy big time.   But unless we do something significant in free agency, I'd take two of those guys in the first two rounds.  We are thin at guard and tackle and have to make sure we have the depth to allow our offense to compete with the best in the playoffs with the likelihood that there are going to be injuries - especially given the injury history of our tackles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - 3wt - 02-25-2023, 01:56 PM