Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-24-2023, 07:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have to think OT will be both a Free Agent and a Second Round pick. Also they may let Mixon go if Robinson is there because Robinson is a more rounded back (he can actually pass protect) and has better vision.

Feeling the same Joelist. It honestly makes sense and something I didn't foresee until Rapien brought it up. Adding a talent like 
Bijan Robinson while letting go Mixon and his contract while adding a couple OT's seems pretty much ideal to me.

(02-24-2023, 10:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, it depends in what round we are talking about. 

In my head, we are keeping Tee long term. Boyd, too, but that is more questionable. So WR is gonna be a depth piece this year and possible Boyd insurance down the road.  But with Chase's versatility, we coukd move him to slot if/when Boyd goes, so then youd want an outside guy. 

Anyway, I am not likely to take a WR late first, but under the right combination of how FA goes and what is available, I could do it. More likely in a trade back situation where we get an extra pick. But if I am at #28 and the only guy I think can be an immediate difference maker for us is a WR, I do it. 

Late 1st (ours) or early 2nd (trade down): I really like Flowers from BC and Hyatt from Tennessee. Flowers more. Both are elusive & speedy. We don't really have that element outside of Chase. It seems like an insane use of a 1st, given the receiving corps, and it kinda is, but I think it would change the whole dynamic of the offense. Bell, Hurst & Apple would need to be back, else I likely go CB or TE first. I'd go OL on day 2 for depth. 

Later on: 
Cedric Tillman, Tennessee (Irwin/Morgan upgrade (2nd-3rd)
Charles Jones, Purdue (Taylor upgrade) (3rd-5th) 
Jayden Reed, Michigan State (ditto), (4th-6th) 
Taylor Scott, Cincinnati (ditto). 
Parker Washington, Penn State (ditto) (3rd-5th)

Jones is the most polished but least athletic. 

Some of the raw, bigger guys are semi-intruiging later on. But those guys would need to start on ST and would be Morgan upgrades. 

Mingo (Mississippi), Elijah Higgins (Stanford), Iosivas (Princeton).

Nice. I think Boyd will leave and get big dough from somebody and good for him, will miss him. I think we need a speedster who 
can beat Secondary's on the outside as Chase plays fantastic in the Slot. I think Tee is back on an extension, seems this is a priority
big time from everything I have been hearing along with Burrow's monster deal of course.

I saw most of those WR's play last season, I think I like Hyatt the most. Never saw Flowers from Boston College.

A Tennessee early draft of Darnell Wright and Hyatt sure would make me happy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-25-2023, 03:12 PM