Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(02-25-2023, 01:56 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with you.   But I just don't see the O linemen that are good enough available by the end of the 2nd round.  At least good enough to get two.  If we could trade down with the likelihood of drafting a Schmitz, Wright or Mauch at the beginning of 2 I'd be all over that.  My fear is that by the end of round 2 there won't be players that are difference makers as either starters or backups.  I actually like the guard and center prospects enough to draft at the end of one.

I am normally a BPA guy big time.   But unless we do something significant in free agency, I'd take two of those guys in the first two rounds.  We are thin at guard and tackle and have to make sure we have the depth to allow our offense to compete with the best in the playoffs with the likelihood that there are going to be injuries - especially given the injury history of our tackles.

Good post. 

On availability, I think Wright, Jones, and Schmitz do not last to late 2nd. Avila, Mauch, and Bergeron could. I could see Wypler there in Rd 3. Guys like Vohrees, Tippman, Freeland, and Peterson also. The kid from Maryland looks like he should be good but isn't yet (Duncan). 

The more I think about it, if a Rd 1 stud type does not fall to us, and there are around 20 of those at non-QB spots, trading back into the 30s wiuld be fantastic. Take Wright/Jones there and nab an extra 2nd or high third. 

Regardless, I also might get aggressive trying to move up in the 2nd or 3rd. We moved up twice last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-26-2023, 04:12 PM