Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volson to RT? Hear me out...
(02-26-2023, 11:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I mean, all this crying about "screwing him up", by changing his position is just stupid.  He is a professional with a TON of snaps at RT.  Why did the Bengals put him at LG in the first place?  NEED!  It was the weak spot on an otherwise pretty solid line (we all had higher hopes for Collins).

Well, now the Bengals need a RT.  And the draft is littered with some solid Guards.  It just makes sense to me to at least look at it.  

It would be different if Volson wasn't a versatile OL that played every position on the OL besides Center in college.

He isn't Jackson Carman who looks to be entirely a LT. And like you said, RT is Volson's natural position. Also RT deals with 
power more often than speed. Speed can give Volson problems, but he can handle power no problem. Your idea is not without
merit at all with La'el's injury. 

Would like to keep the interior the way it is, but it is so early. Need to keep our options open. It all depends on how the FA and
Draft are handled. If we trade for a LT like Bolles, Jonah should move to either LG or RT. Lots of ways things could go.

(02-26-2023, 11:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is based on some scouts projections.  He never had a problem with it in college at RT.  He consistently graded in the mid 80s to mid 90s in both run blocking and pass blocking.  We have never seen him attempt RT in the NFL.  RT generally deals more with the big rushers, and not speed anyways.  Watt is the exception to that and he destroyed everyone we put on him last year.  

The Bengals put Volson at LG because they had a need there with Carman struggling.  Entirely new position for him, and he was solid after a shaky start.  Now the Bengals have a huge need at RT and I want either a veteran or someone like Volson over a rookie at the end of round 1.  Can't afford another Oguehi.  

People will argue that Volson was that good because he was a man amongst boys at ND State but we all saw the NFL wasn't too big for him.

I want Darnell Wright, RT Tennessee, but if we go somewhere else we need to figure out the RT position. Volson helped out LG last year, maybe
he can help out RT this year, you never know.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Volson to RT? Hear me out... - SHRacerX - 02-18-2023, 10:52 AM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - Synric - 02-18-2023, 11:08 AM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - Synric - 02-21-2023, 12:55 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - bk42 - 02-18-2023, 12:18 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - bfine32 - 02-18-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - OSUfan - 02-26-2023, 01:03 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - OSUfan - 02-26-2023, 01:20 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - OSUfan - 02-24-2023, 05:58 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - OSUfan - 02-24-2023, 08:51 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - OSUfan - 02-25-2023, 12:49 PM
RE: Volson to RT? Hear me out... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-26-2023, 05:33 PM