Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-26-2023, 06:00 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't want to see us invest a lot into the TE position. Both times we have in the past it didn't work out great. Eifert was great but injuries. TE is one of the most injury prone positions.

TE is not a big part of our offense either. I'm happy with signing starters in FA on the cheap for this position. I'd prefer them to be good at blocking with some upside in the passing game.

Best ways to improve this team are to upgrade our oline, pass rush, and secondary.
I also think we could upgrade the running back position by moving to a quicker back that can catch, run and block.

I don't think Eifert or Gresham are good comparisons to bring up in the discussions about Mayer because they were more receivers than tight ends. Mayer's a good receiver but he's more of the conventional tight end in the receiving aspect than Eifert or Gresham and Mayer can also block a hell of a lot better.

Tight end isn't a big part of our offense we've never had a tight end like Mayer but he'd be a hell of a weapon in our offense because safeties will obviously be doubling or at least shadowing Chase and then either they let Mayer try and be covered by a backer, which isn't happening, or a safety, which leaves little to cover our other receivers or keep a safety in the box to stop the run.

You'd also have to think that Burrow would tell Zac "let's go to Mayer more!"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - BFritz21 - 02-26-2023, 08:00 PM