Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-27-2023, 11:54 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The play that bothers me as much as the drop was after Awuzie's interception.  We are driving into the red zone, Boyd runs an option route, with the defender inside - Boyd inexplicably opts to go inside to the defender, Joe is already in motion to throw it outside as it is obvious and wide open.  Joe has to eat it and is sacked, we were forced to kick a FG.  We could have really began to put them away with a TD there.  It's one of the few times I've seen Joe bark a little at a player.  A veteran should NOT make bonehead mistakes in the SB.

I agree w this sentiment.

I'm not 100% sure Boyd is quite right for this group of Bengals. He seems to not be a personality fit to a degree. He even stated that Joe and his relationship is about business.... where as these other guys all seem to genuinely be buddies. It was a weird moment in a groupninterview when Boyd started talking about that. Add in the Boyd clubbing stories, the Boyd banging on a rap star and the superbowl attention that garnered, etc etc.... He just doesn't seem like he fits exactly right.

Nothing against the above. There is no question that 25 year old Pdub80 would have been more Boyd than not. But that's not what this is about. I'm sure they like him... but he just lately dissapears and has weird moments like you're describing when it really matters.

Higgins running wrong routes is super frutsrating to me as well. He took responsibility for Joe's INT in this year's AFCCG because he ran the wrong route, and either he or Irwin ran the wrong route on a huge 2nd down miss on the Bengals last drive that game as well. Both cut in when one was obviously supposed to cut OUT to the sideline.

^ Huge bummer because Joe put the ball rght there and it wouldnhave been a simple out and out of bounds after a first down. Instead.... 3rd & long.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - PDub80 - 02-27-2023, 12:09 PM