Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-27-2023, 02:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Tight End and the RB getting the ball on check downs are starting to become a bigger part of the offense because of the way teams are playing us.  I said earlier in the year that this offense needs a running back that can catch and make people miss in the open field, because those opportunities are starting to happen a lot.  The same goes for tight ends.  

Still, if you give me the choice between a guy like Eifert or Gresham and Mayer, I'm still taking Eifert, Gresham, Kincaid, Washington and then Mayer.

That is all fair, but we want guys who can play both ways at TE. If not, then you are giving up the play via personnel. Or our run blocking will stink, and it needs all the help it can get. It is why I think Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, & Kraft are much more likely for us than a guy like Kincaid. 

If you want an elusive guy you can split out and make people miss, just go ahead & take a WR (Flowers, Hyatt, etc) or a RB (Gibbs, Spears, Achane). I don't want to waste a Rd1-Rd2 pick on a guy who isn't capable of playing in our base offense. A receiver only TE could be had much later, a guy like Mallory out of the U. 

To be fair to Kincaid, it looks like he has bulked up some. But still has that rep as an off line TE who played split out more than in line. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-27-2023, 04:12 PM