Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-27-2023, 04:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is all fair, but we want guys who can play both ways at TE. If not, then you are giving up the play via personnel. Or our run blocking will stink, and it needs all the help it can get. It is why I think Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, & Kraft are much more likely for us than a guy like Kincaid. 

If you want an elusive guy you can split out and make people miss, just go ahead & take a WR (Flowers, Hyatt, etc) or a RB (Gibbs, Spears, Achane). I don't want to waste a Rd1-Rd2 pick on a guy who isn't capable of playing in our base offense. A receiver only TE could be had much later, a guy like Mallory out of the U. 

To be fair to Kincaid, it looks like he has bulked up some. But still has that rep as an off line TE who played split out more than in line. 

Imma be honest - I can totally see Darnell Washington being the Bengals' selection at 28, and quite a few fans being like, "BUT HE ISN'T A GOOD ENOUGH RECEIVER!"
But he's hands down the best blocker of this group, and we know the Bengals put high value on TEs blocking.

He is one of the dudes I'm most excited to see perform in Combine drills this week.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - ochocincos - 02-27-2023, 05:10 PM