Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-27-2023, 12:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tyler simply appears to be too slow.  Mayer isnt a speed demon either though, but obviously a solid plug-n-play TE.

We really should draft a WR this year.  If they do, it will be interesting to see which direction they take.

Parker Washington or Tyler Scott type would be obvious Boyd replacements.

Xavier Hutchinson, AT Perry type could be a prelude that Chase is going to the slot more in the future.

I also like Mingo down at Ole Miss, guy could be a bigger Deebo Samuel.

I haven't done my deep dive into the draft yet, but I think something lacking all over the Bengals is quick twitch, speed, and versatility - but all teams are looking for that. Versitile WRs are obviously sought after all over the league, but those quick, elusive hybrid guys could do wonders for the Bengals explosivity. I think the offensive playbook needs to certainly get updated to a degree. I felt like there's a lof of duplication in what the Bengals have on offense and not a lot of uniqueness where teams had to prepare for different poisons on a game by game basis. My favorite games this season were when Hurst was involved early. They went away from him for long stretches and I think that let defenses get comfortable and settle into a gameplan. Excited to see what happens to the roster this offseason. I don't want to see a lot of the same guys resigned who were around last year - save for a few. It needs to continue to evolve.

^ To that point, I do have a ton of faith in this Bengals staff to make changes and tough choices to move on whereas the previous group was not into that type of progressive turnover. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - PDub80 - 02-27-2023, 08:44 PM