Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Top 100 FAs + projected contracts
(02-03-2023, 11:15 AM)CincyWestside Wrote: I think we retain Pratt and Bell at those prices. I would have thought that Pratt would be worth more than that.

I don't see how we could afford Hurst if that is the money he'd really be seeking. He seemed to like it here. I wonder if he resigns cheaply.

After our investment in the line last year, I don't see how we pursue any free agents at the position this year. I think you just draft some depth/future pieces and hope that Carman can be the answer at LT. Maybe move Jonah to RT until Collins is back.

Bingo. My thinking exactly. 

Look, if a high quality LT falls to us (Skoronski, Johnson, Jones), great. Take them in a heartbeat. If a long term RT solution is there at 28 and there is not a blue chip pass rusher/CB we love (Van Ness, White)/(Witherspoon, etc) then just go ahead and take Jones or Wright and RT is solved. I do not love Harrison. 

Guard is more of an issue. Right now we have 5 OTs (Williams, Collins, Carman, Adeniji, and Smith), 2 centers (Karras & Hill), and only 2 guards (Karras & Volson). No backup guards. Karras can play G, but is the starting C. I'd love to land Schmitz, Wypler, or Avila to bolster the inside. 

Move Jonah to RT, see if Carman can be a franchise level tackle, or even a dependable backup. I know Jonah is not. But he could be a VERY versatile Swiss army knife guy (LT/RT/G) who can be acceptable vs anyone if not left on an island. Make the franchise LT move in the draft next year when the class is deeper. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF's Top 100 FAs + projected contracts - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-27-2023, 09:42 PM