Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya
(02-28-2023, 11:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't say that I completely agree with the OP's sentiment on this one.  I feel like the chance that Pratt is re-signed is likely closer to 65% than zero.  The dude has developed into a really solid, all-around LB, his coverage game was pretty much excellent this season.  It's unfortunate that an emotional moment was caught on camera, following the KC game, as those are private team moments that cameras should not have been present.  That type of thing happens in every locker room following a tough, close defeat.  I'm willing to bet that Pratt and Ossai have spoken with each other about that incident and more than likely put it behind them.

This.  My Ossai jersey (that I immediately ordered after that mini press conference with BJ Hill) arrived yesterday.  I forgot I had ordered it. 

I am willing to forgive Pratt the tweets and the emotional outburst because playing, earning for his life, and winning matter to the guy.  My hope is that he gets a good, not great deal for a LB and takes it.  I don't really know how much that is, but I have to take in to account that he is not a 3-4 LB pass rusher but a solid guy in coverage and run support.  That matters to anyone that saw this team struggle for seemingly ages until they finally got their current crop of LBs.

I prioritize Bell, and the future Wilson contract over Pratt, though.  If he wants $10 million a year and can get it elsewhere, great.  I hope he stays here and gets a deal with incentives that could run it up to maybe $7 million a year.  People might say that is too much, but players (and more likely, agents) seem to discout the "fit" of where they are at today.  They could be signed elsewhere, and it totally busts, which leads to their release early from their contract.  I would think that the knowledge of this defense, the relationship with Lou and his teammates would matter quite a bit more than the absolute highest contract.

Either way, I wish him the best.  His tweets don't put him anywhere near the Eli Apple catagory, and his rookie deal was peanuts.  He played better than a 3rd round pick and deserves to be compensated.  No issue with him going after that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - SHRacerX - 03-01-2023, 09:41 AM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - Housh - 02-28-2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - Sled21 - 03-01-2023, 09:23 AM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - Housh - 02-28-2023, 12:46 PM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - PDub80 - 03-05-2023, 08:20 PM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - CJD - 02-28-2023, 02:57 PM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - CJD - 03-13-2023, 04:04 PM
RE: Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - Sled21 - 02-28-2023, 03:26 PM
Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya - BenZoo2 - 03-06-2023, 08:21 PM