Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-02-2023, 01:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am just kind of bewildered how people want to shit on Jonah but then say they are fine with Volson starting at guard. 

Volson was arguably the weakest link on the line last year. No he doesn't play a premier position like tackle, but he was below average. 

Jonah is fine. He was playing most the year on a bad knee last year. People were absolutely fine with him going into last year, so why wouldn't they be fine with him going into next year? 

RT and LT are the biggest concerns. LT moreso after next year (Jonah pending FA) and RT immedietly. If I am the Bengals, there is absolutely no way I don't take at least two tackles in this years draft with high draft picks and explore FA for an upgrade. 

The 12 sacks allowed by Williams is why some don't want him anymore.

I think the reality is we see Jonah starting at LT, and it will be Carman at RT (at least until Collins is back healthy and only).
I think 1 OT will be taken either in the draft or in FA that can back up LT for sure, possibly both spots.
Given the MO of this offseason is to focus on their internal guys and draft, I doubt they get any guys in FA that would "excite" the fan base.
I honestly do see someone like George Fant as a Tier 2/3 guy who could cover either OT spot if needed and be serviceable or better. He also has played for Pollack before.
But I can also see the Bengals choosing to go for an OT in Rd 1 or 2 that can sit the bench for the first year before taking over starter role once Williams (and Collins) is gone.

Swing OG needs to also be a consideration, as Adeniji can't do that role, and Scharping is a FA who some don't want back anyway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - ochocincos - 03-02-2023, 03:25 PM