Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
For me:

1) LT is for next year. Jonah & Carnan are at least playable. Cutting Jonah would be insane, and I get not wanting to move him. Are we sure it would be good for the team? I don't think he is the long term answer, but he is the best we have right now, and we are not signing an expensive uograde in FA and sinking $30 million into LT. That is insane. I'd add that ZT treat him like he is a franchise tackle too often. He needs help vs elite guys sometimes, too.

I'd have an open competition for LT. If Carman wins it (unlikely) I'd move Jonah to RT until Collins is back, which brings us to:

2) RT. Collins was acceptiable, if disappointing last year. The injury is concerning, but I think this talk of "he'll never play again" is over the top. Hell, he thought he'd bexable to play on it after he did it. Tears have different severities. I don't think his was that severe.

Adeniji is downright poor, but we did manage to win 2 PO games with him starting. Smith is, apparently, even worse. My preference is to draft Wright or D. Jones and call it a day. Depending on how FA goes, we could have gaping holes at TE, S, or LB. Plus, we have injury/FA issues at CB as well and could use more pass rush. So a different direction is possible. If it gets beyond Wright/D. Jones/Harrison, I do not think there is a plug & play tackle left.

3) IOL. Fairly comfortable with the starters. No stud here, either. Cappa is good but not great. Karras is slightly above average. Volson IS average/mediocre, with riom to grow. Zero depth, however. Our entire IOL depth is Trey Hill. That's it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-02-2023, 03:35 PM