Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason?
(03-03-2023, 02:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is not about what we WANT them to do but a bit of a test of prognostication - what do you (we) think they WILL do?

For me, I'll start with the big stuff. They will let Bates walk. We will either see a Burrow extension or a Higgins extension (possibly both but less likely).

Big reach prediction (as in lowest odds of being right) - Mixon gets cut but they do it when the cap hit is minimal.

Other possible cuts - Adeniji (please?), D'Ante Smith

Free Agency - depth pieces mostly with exception being a "Reiff" type signing at OT.

Draft - we go OT, RB, WR (need a more explosive piece behind Boyd) LB, CB (not in this order necessarily).

What do YOU think they WILL do?

Adeniji and Smith will be safe until final cuts.  The cap savings with each is negligible and with Jonah and Collins recovering from injury, they need guys to take reps in OTA's and TC.  

Bates and Mixon are likely gone.  I think it's likely that they resign Apple and Perine on the cheap.  Pratt is a coin flip, imo.  Hurst is 70-30 on returning, imo.  I can see Boyd and Collins as potential surprise cuts for the Bengals to bring in a surprise big ticket FA.  

The Burrow extension will get done.  If Higgins talks stall, I think they pivot and negotiate extensions with Wilson (if Pratt leaves), Hendrickson, and/or Reader.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason? - Whatever - 03-03-2023, 03:58 PM