Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason?
(03-03-2023, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I think will happen:

1) They'll keep one of Bell or Bates. The other walks. Dax Hill takes the vacated starting safety spot.
2) Perine is re-signed
3) Pratt or Apple re-signs, but not both (I think team leans toward Apple due to Awuzie recovering from injury)
4) They'll either draft an OT early or sign a cheaper vet in FA to improve the depth - but the starters will be a combination of Williams, Carman, and Collins this year
5) I think we'll see either a LB or CB drafted early based on which of Pratt or Apple walks
6) A DT will be drafted no later than Rd 4. They have expressed interest in DTs at the Combine and they have a lot of $$ invested in vets who will hit FA in the next couple years. I think they want a DT to groom before taking on a bigger role in the next couple years. Carter is also in the wings for this.
7) Depending on cap situation after they identify who they want to sign in FA, Mixon gets released to free up more cap
8) Burrow extension happens in August
9) Getting ahead of the OP's question, but I think Higgins extension does NOT get done this season

Pretty spot on but no mention of Hurst? I think they like the combo of Mixon and Perine so I think that’s unchanged except for Mixon’s contract which I don’t think will be reduced as low as 6 million like some think.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason? - Soonerpeace - 03-03-2023, 04:31 PM