Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(03-03-2023, 06:13 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: FWIW, I'll trust your opinion on him. Just like I said, quotes like that annoy me. Though some parts of me feel like it could be a facade (bravado?) to try to compare yourself to a GoAT before you ever touch a pro field. 

Hope no hard feelings are taken from that opinion. I know it's felt like I've been rough on you for the support of Mayer, but this opinion would be shared for any prospect. If he said he studies Kelce to take elements of his game to improve his own, fine. To infer you're in the same stratosphere, hard to not feel like that's not arrogant. Other people can call him Kelce/Gronk like, fine but it's different if you yourself is calling that.

No hard feelings at all brother ThumbsUp

I respect and understand your reluctance (timidness?) to want to draft him in the first and to want to take someone else, specifically a tackle.

Like I said, I feel like he's just saying who he wants to be like or who he sees as similar to him in playing style.

He's down to earth and as polite as you can possibly be. Like, one day, in the summer going into his senior year, he was at my gym with his friends and walked out of his way to come talk to me. 

I see it as a hell of a lot less arrogant than the common QB response now in pre-draft interviews of "if you pick me, I will kick your ass for the next 15 years."

He'll never stop trying to improve his game.

NFL Network just mentioned they have Kincaid as the top pick at tight end and so does PFF, so let's hope they're right and Mayer falls to us!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - BFritz21 - 03-03-2023, 06:37 PM