Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(03-04-2023, 03:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Gotta say I like the recent articles about Josh Whyle as the hometown kid over Mayer lol.

This discussion has caused me to watch a lot of film on the TEs and while I do not want to take anything away from Mayer but when watching film he does not jump off the page as a big time offensive threat. I would like to see him show up more in big games like against Ohio State where he really was a nonfactor. Even when you watch his highlight reels the biggest opponent you see him making plays on is Clemson who has been a tick off the last couple of seasons. Mayer is extremely solid and a very good all around TE but again when I watch there is nothing that screams to me that you have to use a first round selection on this guy.

I feel like Mayer and Kraft are very similar and that Kraft may have a bit more overall athleticism. Granted this is watching an FCS TE but I believe when you look at the skillsets they are are much alike. I feel Whyle is a guy that would really fit the Cincinnati offense like Hurst and that he is a bit faster than either of the previously mentioned.

After watching a lot of film my favorite TE in the bunch is Kraft and I would much rather use a second or third on him than a first on Mayer. I would also feel better about a later selection on Whyle than a first on Mayer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - OSUfan - 03-04-2023, 11:57 AM