Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason?
(03-03-2023, 11:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. We were talking about getting tackles that were cut around free agency. I was just pointing out that the best you can hope for is an older guy on a year or two contract or someone that's not really that good. Example being Reiff and Collins the last 2 years.

Any sarcasm isn't directed at you. It's more "whoo hoo. let's go dumpster diving for linemen to protect our elite QB. yaaaaay!".

I don't follow what goes on as much as the rest of you, but what I expect is that, since the Bengals showed that they were willing to break their mold and go get quality lineman in FA, i would be entirely unsurprised if they didn't do the same this FA and make a single bigger splash than the three last year.  You have to protect the franchise.  The OL potentially cost us two Super Bowls and the window is now and the Bengals FO isn't full of idiots.  

In regard to the potential of the "cuts" opportunities, we'll have to see.  There's always surprises as to who gets cut, so we won't know who until we know.  Perhaps there will be no surprises at OT, perhaps so.  We have to wait and see.  Though I am sure Duke and the FO's plan is better than "Hope that quality OT gets cut and we can sign him".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason? - Stewy - 03-04-2023, 01:45 PM