Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-04-2023, 04:25 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The board wasn't all that happy with Carmen when he was drafted( I was).  The board was thrilled with Collins signing(I was meh), if healthy he'd start in 2023.  Given age and size he's questionable in 2023. Cappa and Karras were terrific signings.  Turns out Carmen is a pretty good steal.    Volson has far exceeded expectations.  So the Bengals coaches actually have done well with their OnLine starters.

They lack quality depth, that's a huge issue and that's where the coaches have fallen short.  For two straight seasons the O Line has cost the team the Super Bowl win or a chance to play.  So assuming Carmen shifts yet again to RT the starters are set.  Then use the draft to get a guy to push Jonah in 2023 and replace him in 2024. Then use the 4th round and pick for a guard/center.  

I was not happy with the signing so im not part of that group, Carmen has still underperformed for his 2nd round pick , yes  played well enough late in year but this season will tell if he is playing to the level of his draft pick.. agree Volson was a pleasant surprise his rookie year, it in the end  we have had a sub par overall performances with our line under Pollacks tenure. and we have  spent a good amount of capital in FA and draft over the past 3 years.. we have to good improvement this year  for me to feel he is the right Oline coach for us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - Essex Johnson - 03-04-2023, 06:13 PM