Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-04-2023, 08:21 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I still don't understand what happened to Chris Evans. Maybe he doesn't have the explosiveness to be a part of this conversation?

I never liked the Chris Evans draft choice from day one, but then again I was questioned by some UM people immediately after we took him.

Why would we draft a player who started only 5 games, in 5 years of college, with only 30 some carries his last 2 seasons?  And in the 6th round?  It is so frustrating watching KC win the SB with a 7th round RB, who had a ton of starts and carries in college.  There are so many of these RBs every year.

KC is not tiers above us in drafting, they are stratospheres above us.

The craziest thing of all is that we could have had many of their key players:

We chose John Ross over Mahomes
We chose Carmen over Creed Humphrey
We chose 6 draft picks over Trey Smith.
We could have signed Thuney before KC.

No doubt an excuse can be made for any of these...

And sure our #1 and #5 draft picks are great.  We have done well at the top of the 2nd round.  But are these really unexpected by any team?

We have hit on some 2nd tier players that have done well in free agency.

But we have been horrendous in oline drafting for a decade.

Outside of the #65 rated guard (Volson), and one good year TE (CJ) our draft picks from #4-7 have been beyond terrible since... 2013 and Rex Burkhead? SMH.

Our cute and quaint smallest scouting department in the league is bottom tier when it comes to the draft.

Sorry for the rant....  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - casear2727 - 03-04-2023, 09:17 PM