Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(02-02-2023, 03:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Musgrave is too big of a question mark.  Unsure of his blocking skills and he only played 2 games this season?

Washington is more of our style as he is a very good blocker with strong hands.  If we re-sign Hurst I'm not sure we are willing to draft him in the 1st or 2nd round...?

Agree on both points, I like Washington and Mayer for us if we do go for a TE at 28 if Hurst leaves for big dough like PFF is 
predicting. But if Hurst is back I wait on TE until at least the 2nd round, preferably day 3 I look at guys like Whyle, Durham, 
Schoonmaker etc.

(02-02-2023, 05:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea after watching Musgrave these two days at the Senior Bowl Practices you can see why he was getting alot of hype going into the week. He has been open every route in team drills lol. Today in redzone offense that's gonna be fun to watch with Musgrave.

He sure looks talented and smart. But like Casaer says, so little play on the field to justify a first round pick pretty much on 
talent and the Senior Bowl. Interesting to say the least to see where Musgrave is drafted.

(02-04-2023, 07:14 AM)Synric Wrote: I really like Darnell Washington. He is a throw back Tight End entering the league at the perfect moment because defenses are playing alot more cover 2 shells to stop all these star receivers teams are running the ball more.

Does he fit the Bengals though? In Cincinnati he will likely see a lot more of his reps running routes than blocking and that takes away from what he does best.

Seems like Washington fits if Hurst leaves. Still want the other Darnell over him.

(02-04-2023, 11:50 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Considering how his best trait is his blocking and you'd have to unlock his receiving potential (which didn't happen at Georgia due to Bowers talents), I don't see how you could justify that at 1. 

Thats why I suggested Durham. Solid blocker, seems to have good hands, runs decent routes and willing to carry a team (literally, watch him carry 6 Maryland defenders for a touchdown). In his interview at the Senior Bowl, sounded like a Bengal (I don't care what I have to do as long as the team wins). And best of all, he's a lower pick so you can replenish more important areas first with higher level talents.

Same, I like Durham a lot more the more when evaluating these TE's. Kraft I also really like, once he catches the ball he turns into a RB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-05-2023, 04:08 PM