Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-05-2023, 12:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Your premise is right but your examples aren’t free of debate. Absolutely correct KC has drafted exceptionally better than us and a bunch of teams. Lots of teams missed on Mahomes. Lots of teams missed on Creed. By the same token lots of teams missed on Tee Higgins. Lots of teams missed on some free agents we’ve signed. You’ve alluded to some.

But really the bottom line and let’s cut to the chase. The offensive line developing and evaluating and lack thereof in drafting and securing free agents has been pathetic. I’m sure there’s a lot of reasons for it but it’s hurt. Winning a Super Bowl needs a lot things to succeed. We came ridiculously close last year and this years champ the Chiefs barely got by us . I’m not a buyer in the KC running backs success is tied to them. It’s their OL. We’ve got a lot going for the franchise right now. But the OL got us 10 straight wins and the team has been in the top 4 in the NFL two straight years. We saw a few years ago KC fall short with a poor OL. They fixed it and yet have lost 3-4 from us. It’s hard.

(03-05-2023, 12:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I may pick a nit with the 4th-7th, stuff.

2022: 4: Volson, 5: T. Anderson, 7: Gunter.

1 low end starter + 2 guys who stuck.

2021: 4: C. Sample, Shelvin, Smith; 5: McPherson, 6: T. Hill, Evans, 7: Hubert

Shelvin was a whiff and Smith perhaps as well (but he was a project). But Sample and McPherson turned out well, Hill & Evans are still here, and Hubert got hurt. 5/7 still here.

2020: 4: ADG; 5: Kareem; 6: Adeniji; 7: Bailey

ADG & Bailey have worked out well. Adeniji adequate. Kareem made that great play vs Denver but kept getting hurt. All 4 stuck initially and 3/4 are still here.

2019: 4: Finley, Wren, Jordan; 6: T. Williams, Davis, Anderson; 7: Brown.

OK, that was bad.

(03-05-2023, 02:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Rounds 1-3, ZT era: 

2022: 1: D. Hill, 2: CTB; 3: Carter. 
2021: 1: Chase; 2: Carman; 3: Ossai 
2020: 1: Burrow; 2: Higgins; 3: L. Wilson 
2019: 1: J. Williams; 2: D. Sample; 3: Pratt 

Rd1: 2 HRs in Burrow & Chase. A solid pick in Jonah. Too early to tell on Dax Hill. 3/3 with 1 Incomplete. 

Rd2: One HR in Higgins. CTB looks solid (at worst). Carman looked like a whiff at guard, but at LT/RT could salvage something and does flash starter level talent. D. Sample was a big panic reach. 2/3 with 1 incomplete. 

Rd 3: 2 HRs in Wilson & Pratt. Ossai gotcset back with the injury but looks solid (at worst). Carter was bad early but improved. 3/3 with 1 incomplete. 

Sooner:
I disagree that lots of of teams missed on Mahomes. he went #10.  Ahead of him was Miles Garrett, Christian McCaffrey, Mike Williams, Jamal Adams, Fournette.  The Bears did choose Tribisky.

Pacheco was a much more proven commodity than Evans.  I will never get that draft selection.

I would bet that no team has been as abysmal drafting oline in the last decade as us.

My Friend Isaac Curtis:

I appreciate your list and it is difficult to read when our kicker is tiers above all others.

KC in the last 3 drafts:

4th Williams - played 17 games
7th Watson - played 16 games
7th Pacheco - played 17 games
7th Johnson - played 11 games

6th OL Smith - starter for 2 seasons 72 PFF grade both seasons

4the Snead - started 38 games in 3 years, very good player

Normally games played/started isnt the most impressive stat, but when the team is in the AFC title game every year and wins a SB...

We have had

Volson - 53 PFF score

MoneyMac - awesome

No other starters in the last 3 seasons.  2 out of 14 starters in last 3 years.

KC is miles ahead of us when it comes to drafting.

We are pretty solid on finding quality "2nd tier guys", our defensive coaching has become excellent, Burrow and Chase are likely more exceptional that we even think.

But my concern is moving forward with the new big contracts, we have to do better identifying talented players deeper in the draft.

We gotten starter production from 2 players out of 6 last draft.

We've gotten starter production from 2 players out 10 in 2 years from the draft before.  I will add Ossai and Sample are coming on...

We've gotten production from our top 3 picks in 2020, ADG has potential, Adeniji obviously has video on Mike Brown doing something...

We need to identify that Trey Smith in the 6th, Pacheco in the 7th, Snead in the 4th. 

Volson and Lawson are the only 2 starting 4th rounders we have had since Boling. 

4th rounders:
Shelvin
Smith
Billings
Finley
Wren
Jordan
Walton
Malone
Glasgow
Westerman
Bodine
Porter
Charles
Shaw
Hardison

Outside of Lawson & Cordell, ADG  is the superstar of the 4th round since 2011. We must do better.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - casear2727 - 03-05-2023, 06:20 PM