Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-05-2023, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sooner:
I disagree that lots of of teams missed on Mahomes. he went #10.  Ahead of him was Miles Garrett, Christian McCaffrey, Mike Williams, Jamal Adams, Fournette.  The Bears did choose Tribisky.

Pacheco was a much more proven commodity than Evans.  I will never get that draft selection.

I would bet that no team has been as abysmal drafting oline in the last decade as us.

My Friend Isaac Curtis:

I appreciate your list and it is difficult to read when our kicker is tiers above all others.

KC in the last 3 drafts:

4th Williams - played 17 games
7th Watson - played 16 games
7th Pacheco - played 17 games
7th Johnson - played 11 games

6th OL Smith - starter for 2 seasons 72 PFF grade both seasons

4the Snead - started 38 games in 3 years, very good player

Normally games played/started isnt the most impressive stat, but when the team is in the AFC title game every year and wins a SB...

We have had

Volson - 53 PFF score

MoneyMac - awesome

No other starters in the last 3 seasons.  2 out of 14 starters in last 3 years.

KC is miles ahead of us when it comes to drafting.

We are pretty solid on finding quality "2nd tier guys", our defensive coaching has become excellent, Burrow and Chase are likely more exceptional that we even think.

But my concern is moving forward with the new big contracts, we have to do better identifying talented players deeper in the draft.

We gotten starter production from 2 players out of 6 last draft.

We've gotten starter production from 2 players out 10 in 2 years from the draft before.  I will add Ossai and Sample are coming on...

We've gotten production from our top 3 picks in 2020, ADG has potential, Adeniji obviously has video on Mike Brown doing something...

We need to identify that Trey Smith in the 6th, Pacheco in the 7th, Snead in the 4th. 

Volson and Lawson are the only 2 starting 4th rounders we have had since Boling. 

4th rounders:
Shelvin
Smith
Billings
Finley
Wren
Jordan
Walton
Malone
Glasgow
Westerman
Bodine
Porter
Charles
Shaw
Hardison

Outside of Lawson & Cordell, ADG  is the superstar of the 4th round since 2011. We must do better.

Oh come on Caesar. We’ve killed it. Look at all our All Pros.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - Soonerpeace - 03-05-2023, 06:34 PM