Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-04-2023, 09:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If Carmen can be a starting LT for the Bengals as a second rounder I think that is a pretty good draft pick for the Bengals.  
A 4th rounder who started in every game and got better as the season progressed is a steal.  The line played well with Volson in it during the 10 game winning streak, they allowed Burrow to do his thing, regardless of PFF scores.  I don't claim the Bengals are great at drafting linemen.  But this line the Bengals built last year with 4 new guys was a capable line, where it failed was the backup RT and RG. With a tougher schedule and every team gunning for the Bengals they won more games this year than last, the line was better.

How in the world can anyone think Carmen was a steal as a 2nd round pick chosen before future All Pros, while Carmen cannot beat out ANY player at any positon on the oline?

I like Volson, but not sure how he exceeded expectations?  Did everyone expect him to be rated below #66 among guards, and that 65 rating is far exceeding those expectations?  He did beat out that "pretty good steal" 2nd rounder, but his PFF scores are not good, not even average, and must improve this season. 

You sound like you may be the official Bengals Oline evaluator of the last decade.  Without checking, I would venture that we are the absolute worst in drafting olinemen in the last 10 years or so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - bengals1969 - 03-06-2023, 01:14 PM