Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-04-2023, 06:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was not happy with the signing so im not part of that group, Carmen has still underperformed for his 2nd round pick , yes  played well enough late in year but this season will tell if he is playing to the level of his draft pick.. agree Volson was a pleasant surprise his rookie year, it in the end  we have had a sub par overall performances with our line under Pollacks tenure. and we have  spent a good amount of capital in FA and draft over the past 3 years.. we have to good improvement this year  for me to feel he is the right Oline coach for us

Carmen disappointed for first two seasons, he had bust hanging from his neck.  This season I think he surprised all of us how well he protected Burrow's blind side at Buffalo and KC, how tough a test was that?  No tougher.  So drafting a 2ed rounder who can play at a high level at LT is a good pick, regardless of his unproductive first two years, imho.    Pollack built a Super Bowl contending line in 2022 by adding 4 new guys, very difficult! I'm sure we'd have been to the SB had it stayed in tact, where he's fallen short is depth.  Maybe Jonah's kneecap has been an issue for him these past two seasons and he's a better player now, maybe Carmen is the RT permanently and the draft is simply for depth.  That's the best case I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - bengals1969 - 03-06-2023, 01:27 PM