Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
"If Carmen can be a starting LT for the Bengals as a second rounder I think that is a pretty good draft pick for the Bengals.  

A 4th rounder who started in every game and got better as the season progressed is a steal.  The line played well with Volson in it during the 10 game winning streak, they allowed Burrow to do his thing, regardless of PFF scores.  I don't claim the Bengals are great at drafting linemen.  But this line the Bengals built last year with 4 new guys was a capable line, where it failed was the backup RT and RG. With a tougher schedule and every team gunning for the Bengals they won more games this year than last, the line was better."

When do you see Carmen starting at LT?  He isnt this season, maybe next year in 2024?  So a 2nd rounder only starting in his 4th season is a pretty good draft pick?  I stand corrected, you did say "for the Bengals", and we are awful at drafting linemen so, ok, starting in the final year only is good for us... sad. 

Carmen, beyond the eye test, with his minimal snaps actually graded out lower than Jonah and his over 1,100 snaps...

I'd like to think Volson progressed, but his grades did not reflect a hockey stick...

The Bengals line was built 60% with free agents, there is no correlation that we got better drafting oline. 

The Bengals line failed with a draft pick at LT, a draft pick providing depth at RT and a draft pick playing less than average at LG.  Draft picks are the problem.

The line was better this season, but not because of the draft... 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - casear2727 - 03-06-2023, 10:47 PM