Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NFLPA releases "Free Agency Report Cards"
(03-04-2023, 04:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yep from what I understand the county is responsible for upkeep for things like plumbing.  For example here is a quote from a 2016 article:

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/county-has-spent-920m-in-deal-to-build-stadium-keep-nfl-team-in-town-since-2000

Now the sad thing is no matter who is responsible I don't think it requires a lot to make sure things like showers and toilets are working.  If it is indeed the county's responsibility then the Bengals organization should maybe be more proactive in pushing the county to correct those problems. So it is a question of, for example, shitter doesn't work and no one from the Bengals calling up the county and saying, "Hey shitters number 2 and 8 are not working you need to come fix it," or is it the Bengals notified the county and they blew it off? 

You never worked for the government, did you? Our offices at the Justice Cabinet flooded due to a broken pipe in the ceiling over the New Years holiday. We still are not back in the office. All they had to do was get Serve Pro in there to remove the water, pull up the carpet tiles (1st floor offices), cut out the bottom foot of drywall and replace it. Paint, and put down new carpet tiles. It's the government, which means they have to send out bids, get the bids in and go through the approval process, make sure the hires meet diversity standards, and schedule the work. The carpet bids must have come in and been set to expire prior to the drywall bids, so the new carpet was laid prior to the drywall being repaired, which will totally screw the new carpet. It's March 7th, and I'm still working from home. Prior to working for the state, I worked for Lexington. Government, at any level, will make a simple job take three times as long and twice as expensive as it needs to be. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFLPA releases "Free Agency Report Cards" - Sled21 - 03-07-2023, 10:22 AM