Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(03-07-2023, 06:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is our problem picking at the end of each round, we may have to reach a round earlier than we normally would.  LaPorta should definitely be a 3rd rounder, but #92 is pretty close to 4th round territory.  But I'll take picking late every year.

Yes, might have to trade up for our guy this year again. But like you said, I will take it, means we are one of the best teams if
we are picking late every year.

(03-07-2023, 09:09 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I'm in love with Kraft in the 3rd round. Not sure if he makes it there to us though lol. I also love LaPorta. My ideal 1st round pick over Mayer would be Kancey. That guy terrorizes QB's.

If we don't re-sign Hurst, I guess Mayer is the ideal pick at 28 (if he's even there). I like him a lot, but this class is so damn deep at TE that I don't know if he's my first option at 28. Again, if we don't re-sign Hurst, Mayer seems like a no-brainer.

If we go into this draft with no clear TE1 on the roster, we could predictably get leapfrogged by another team for Mayer.

I like Kraft or LaPorta in the 3rd over Mayer in the first now honestly. Would rather go somewhere else at 28 than TE. A Right Tackle
like Darnell Wright would be ideal in my eyes and go TE, 3-tech, Edge or Corner in the next rounds. Once the OL is taken care of it is
all gravy to me. Mayer might be the best overall TE in this class without a weakness, but I think Darnell Washington has the biggest 
upside and is a fantastic blocker with insane size and strength and can catch the ball.

If we go TE at 28 I would like Washington right now the best.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-08-2023, 06:15 PM