Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-07-2023, 10:51 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I agree if we push Carman to RT this year, I think we just slow his development at LT to take over for Williams at some point.

Carman was drafted as a LT he should have been on the left side his whole career.

Slow down there, we don't even know if he's actually good at LT at the NFL level yet.  The only game that he's looked "good" in, was sort of a fluke.  In the snow, versus a depleted, emotionally drained Buffalo defense that looked anything but ready for playoff battle that day.  He was "fair" in the AFCCG loss to KC.

The fact that up until the point where the team needed it's 4th option at Tackle to take the field, he never saw any meaningful action this year.  That speaks volumes about what the coaches must have been feeling about how his progress had been going.  Don't get the wrong idea, I want him to mature into a good player, the team spent a 2nd round pick on the guy.  However, it's a little early to be thinking that LT is "covered" if Williams faulters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - SunsetBengal - 03-08-2023, 07:14 PM