Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(03-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, might have to trade up for our guy this year again. But like you said, I will take it, means we are one of the best teams if
we are picking late every year.

I like Kraft or LaPorta in the 3rd over Mayer in the first now honestly. Would rather go somewhere else at 28 than TE. A Right Tackle
like Darnell Wright would be ideal in my eyes and go TE, 3-tech, Edge or Corner in the next rounds. Once the OL is taken care of it is
all gravy to me. Mayer might be the best overall TE in this class without a weakness, but I think Darnell Washington has the biggest 
upside and is a fantastic blocker with insane size and strength and can catch the ball.

If we go TE at 28 I would like Washington right now the best.

Mayer definitely has some weaknesses.  His combine numbers were an inch shorter and much less weight, yet he still ran slow.  Washington has zero route tree, great blocker, but he has been relegated to releases off of blocks and the flat.  A 1st Rounder must be able to win and get open at the TE spot, IMO.  

I dont see anyway that one of Anton Harrison, Darnell Wright or Dawand Jones is not available at 28, and I dont see what other positon player would be more impactful.... Bijon?  Smith-Njigba?  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment - casear2727 - 03-08-2023, 08:06 PM