Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
We went on a spending spree a year ago because of how behind schedule we were. I can't see a case built for him, though he is our OL coach and we support the team. We have been so bad as a team at developing the OL for the past decade, that's hard to dispute. Instead of blaming one person (Duke, Piano Man, Turner, Frank) it just hasn't worked and I don't have the answer. It's one thing to work on technique, chemistry and choosing to move or not move positions, but it's like we're just hoping a 1st rounder can at least be a fringe starter at this rate.

I won't lie that though we need long term development at tackle, I trust a trade more than a pick (especially in light of trying to win now). It shouldn't come to that, but if someone said "the card is up in the 2nd, they're going OL" my mind goes to them reaching for a guy they'll play out of position and expect him to challenge for a starting gig. I want long term development, but we need to build on last year, stay healthy and not force Burrow to have to throw it so quick and the backs to fight to get 3-4 yds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Trust Pollack With Young Offensive Lineman - phil413 - 03-09-2023, 12:30 AM