Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 March Bengal Board Draft Challenge
(03-09-2023, 12:36 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Maybe I'm misinterpreting this so I'll ask to clarify my mind.

If Mixon stays, you're drafting a heavier speed back in Izzy (who I love as a prospect), but if he goes and Perine stays, you're drafting a bowling ball in McBride? So either Thunder/thunder or Lightning/lightning?

I was thinking more in the mode of what downs they are useful on. I see McBride as a 2 down back because he has limited experience catching the ball (a staggeringly low 5 receptions in his career), and I've read in scouting reports that he wasn't asked to block very much, so odds are he will make a bad 3rd down back.

If I keep Perine, who is a good 3rd down back for blocking and receiving purposes, I'd want to draft someone to take over Mixon's 2 down role.

It's not a perfect comparison because Mixon is obviously good in the receiving game as well, mostly on 1st and 2nd down as a check down (but he has been known to go out on a route from out wide on occasion), which Mcbride would need to learn how to do, but Mixon is just not a good blocker on 3rd down.

Izzy, on the other hand, has a bit more experience receiving the ball (38 career receptions) and I've read in scouting reports that he's a willing blocker. It isn't his specialty and maybe I should have just taken Izzy in either scenario since he is also a good runner of the football, but he at least has some 3rd down chops (at least relative to McBride) so I figured I'd just make a small difference in who I draft based on which of the two current RBs we end up keeping. But now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'd probably take Izzy in either scenario haha.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 March Bengal Board Draft Challenge - CJD - 03-09-2023, 01:46 AM