Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-09-2023, 11:09 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: What choice do we have we have a 2nd round pick and 12 million invested in LT already how many more resources can we push to LT this year.

Carman was not a Pollack pick. If Pollacks does not turn this run game around then Carman is most likely going to be on this team after Pollack is gone down the road to the next team.

Many people questioned Pollacks coaching methods last year standing on balls trying to balance. We have seen very little in way of development across the O-line with the second stringers. The starters was all already decent players when Pollack got his hands on them in Karras and Cappa. The one guy Pollack had any ties to Collins sucked and we are looking to upgrade at RT.

Pollack is on a short leash with me. Not the O-line players.

1.  Many alternate choices could be made, however there are 48 other roster spots that also need to be filled.

2.  Don't be so sure.  If Carman doesn't produce this year, the team can save $1.7M in cap space for 2024 by releasing him.

3.  Collins didn't "suck", he was playing injured all season long.  Funny how when people got on Williams for stinking it up, many said "but he was playing injured", but because Lael Collins tried to tough it out "he sucks".. 

FWIW most of us realized Lael Collins was a gamble, as we were all aware of his injury history.  The team gave him a shot, it didn't work out the way they wanted it to, time to release Collins and free up the cap space.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - SunsetBengal - 03-09-2023, 11:32 AM