Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(03-08-2023, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As long as the speed can pass block, I am all for it. Gibbs isn't a very good pass blocker which concerns me. Both Roschon Johnson
and Chase Brown are good pass blockers and they have speed, maybe not Gibbs speed but they can break big runs.

Any team is going to keep Gibbs passpro opportunities to a minimum. Probably more a chip and release to the flat or just a quick flat on most 3rd downs he's in. Gibbs is more 1st and 2nd down, 'bust one at any time' back. His comps are guys like Kamara and Cook and i'd take that all day, regardless of his blocking ability. Speed kills.

Of course, it all depends on where you're looking to take a RB. If a T is taken in FA, that frees the way for a guy like Gibbs and his big play potential far outweighs his lack of blocking ability. If you take a back later in the draft, then you'd be better off going with a better blocker (assuming Perine/Mixon are still there). 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment - rfaulk34 - 03-09-2023, 01:09 PM