Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(03-09-2023, 01:02 AM)pulses Wrote: Dude benched 38 reps of 225 on one leg with a torn ACL. I bet he gets drafted in the 4th or 5th round.

Could be correct. Would rather have a guy that could play this year in those rounds myself.

(03-09-2023, 01:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I posted this over in the FA section of JN but thought i'd throw it here too, since it pertains to OT needs and the draft. 

Kaleb McGary

Really came on this year for Atlanta. Run blocking was elite. Zone heavy run offense and a few have pointed out Pollack's preference of a wide zone attack. Pass blocking was good this year and he stuffed TJ Watt. Gotta like the thought of that twice a year. Falcons didn't pick up his 5th year option last year or tag him this year and the dude has put himself in a position to cash a check. 

Contract projections are prob around 12-13M AAV. I think that's doable with unloading Collins and Mixon (or drastically lowering Mixon's cap hit) as well as losing Bates contract. 

This is a guy the Bengals could get in FA, their one "big" splash, which would make the draft wide open. As much as i like Darnell Wright, this is the kind of move that could really open things up for the Bengals to add some young talent on rookie contracts in key spots. 

Nice thought on McGary. Would love adding him, proven. ThumbsUp

(03-09-2023, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. He's not going to be sitting there near the end of the draft and he's no way in hell gonna be there as a UDFA. 

He was projecting to be average to solid before the ACL and seeing as how his first year, he will be 25 though...

That might move him in the "nah" category for me. 

Same. I was only saying as a 7th rounder or a UDFA. Sounds like he will be drafted earlier, that is impressive stuff for a guy 
with a torn ACL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-09-2023, 03:07 PM