Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-09-2023, 11:24 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The only thing I can see why they are wanting to try it is because Carman is stronger than Williams and drive blocks much better. Carman at RG was a disaster, so I do not see RT working out any better for him. The team and coaches need to draft guys for positions that they played in college at the very least keep them on the same side of the line that they played in college left side or right side.

Or at least if you do Draft an OL and want to move him, he should of at least played on said side at one time.

Some OL cannot play on both sides, actually lots cannot. So you are correct, you don't draft Darnell Wright and put him at LT.

You draft him to play RT where he played at Tennessee.

Simple stuff really lol

(03-09-2023, 12:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well they were forced to try Carman at LT. I disagree I think you at least try with Jonah.

You at the very least do not rule it out. All options should be on the table instead of painting yourself into a corner.

(03-09-2023, 12:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think every coach has been very clear that Jonah is not moving.

If Paris Johnson miraculously drops to 28, then MAYBE Jonah moves to the right, but after the combine interviews I'm not sure why anyone would think it would happen?

Brian Callahan and Frank Pollack anyways...

Oh well, just have to hope beyond hope Darnell Wright falls to us and we take him and at the very least Carman becomes a
decent backup at both Tackle spots. Honestly don't see him being a good backup at RT from what we saw of him playing on
the right side.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-09-2023, 03:31 PM