Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-09-2023, 06:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Out of that list, 8 drafted OL that played well for Bengals (or maybe just 7? I didn't really remember Mike Goff's performance as a Bengal)

So Alexander definitely was able to identify some good talent, but that was more his first 15-20 years with the team. The last 5 years (2013-2017) really sank the OL and is a big reason why they moved on from him. It was thought he didn't evolve with the game.

It's also worth noting out of all the guys PA actually hit on, he hit on every 1st round OL selected until Ogbuehi, and he hit on every 2nd rounder until Fisher.
No luck whatsoever on guys taken Rds 5-7.

There’s a stat that says on average lineman selected rounds 5- 7 do not know how to pour ketchup properly hence why Alexander didn’t have success. Lineman from rounds 1 - 3 on average know how to properly pour ketchup. What I understand Alexander had this part of his talent evaluation at lineman pro days at their university.

Alexander was a bum, currently is a bum and will always be a bum. He is the poster child for the lost decade. You become buddies with Mike Brown and you are n for life regardless of your competencies. I could succeed as a offensive line coach with the same talent Alexander had success with. Alexander wasn’t special, currently isn’t special and will never be special. He sucked.

This team went south the instant Mike Brown let Jim McNally go and inserted Alexander. This organization still hasn’t recovered from that asinine decision by Mike Brown.

As you can tell, I cannot stand Alexander and having to listen to him bloviate on the NFL channel on Sirius is nauseating. I change the channel now when he comes on. The dude isn’t insightful at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - Bronxbengal - 03-10-2023, 08:51 AM