Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys"
(03-10-2023, 05:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Kinda hard to compare 24 years to 3 seasons.  Still lots of misses there and Pollack has not had a high draft choice as of yet.  The development hasnt been good but that list is a long time to hit on 9 guys with 7 of them being 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders.

It is hard to compare, having THAT many chances you better hit on some 1st and 2nd rounders. It is still up in the air with the
development of Carman and Volson, sure Price was a bust and Pollack picked him but a lot of us thought Price would of been 
much better than he was, maybe all of us.

(03-10-2023, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I do too, and I expect him to make a huge leap this year. Now that he has a full year of play under his belt, and he is actually an NFL lineman that can take advantage of things like Big Willie's and other's services, along with another year of coaching from Pollack, I expect him to have a solid year.

Yes, I also see Cordell Volson making a huge leap in his sophomore year. He had some great tests as a rookie and passed as 
far as I am concerned for a 4th round pick, he was pretty solid. If he makes the leap along with Carman becoming at the very 
least a good depth piece I would say Pollack has done an okay job, we will see. Need to add a RT though no question.

(03-10-2023, 12:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We three do. The expectation level is pretty high here. Volson was a 4th rounder and didn’t play a high level of competition. Once he got acclimated he did pretty good. We played several late games and playoff games without 3 OL starters. We won 10 games in a row. When we were healthy we were good not great. Many on here act like none of that matters. The first KC game with no sacks by Chris Jones or the rest of their DL was a dream or the Bills game. They are still demanding major FA signings despite what we need to do to keep Tee,Chase, and Joe. Much less many defensive starters.

It does matter, winning 10 games in a row with a 4th round rookie manning the starting LG spot next to a LT in Jonah who 
was clearly not playing his best. I credit a lot of Volson's good play to Karras, but he did pretty well all on his own for a 4th 
round rookie playing against the best. Love the nastiness Volson plays with at times. He likes to level people.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack "Comfortable with all those guys" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-10-2023, 03:17 PM