Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season
(03-11-2023, 11:33 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m rarely critical of the staff but I sure think they baby the OL. Callahan on Jonah to right tackle not being likely wasn’t encouraging. I’m not a big supporter of sending messages to players via the press but sometimes it’s needed. Zac praises the OL every chance he gets. They’ve not drafted well. It’s a fact.

I get that Jonah is playing for a contract, but this team is trying to win a title.  They're as close as they've been in their history.  That's a bit more important to me than Jonah's next contract and whether or not he gets paid like a left tackle.

On the upside, though, if Williams doesn't play his ass off this year, he's going to find himself in the same position as Isaiah Wynn.  He'll be a "capable" but not great tackle that has injury history.  If things don't improve from last season, he won't get close to the deal he's playing on now.  

Jonah is the luckiest player in Cincinnati.  He can be the most average to below average tackle in the league, and he still looks like gold after the Ogbuehi/Fisher nightmare.  The Bengals have been so bad at drafting tackles that they're petrified to lose a guy of Jonah's caliber.  Bad place to be when you're main focus is protecting a guy that will likely be the best player in the history of your franchise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season - samhain - 03-11-2023, 12:02 PM