Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season
(03-11-2023, 12:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I still feel Pollack needs to go.

Maybe.  I mean, he's better than Turner.

The Bengals, particularly Taylor seem to know what they are doing.  They make some mistakes and learn on the fly.  

One mistake they need to learn from is continuing to hire bad to so-so OL coaches.  

They will undoubtedly invest an insane amount of money in offensive skill players throughout the Burrow era.  There won't be a lot of wiggle room in the cap to patch holes on the OL with established free agents.  They are not stellar at drafting OL.  

I'd find the best OL coach that fits the scheme and pay him whatever he wants within reason.  There's no cap on coaches, and the impact is significant.  We need a guy that can develop players and pick the right guys for the scheme.  Stop moving guys all over the place from natural positions.  It's a shitty practice that puts them upside down in the long run.  I get that there are needs, but it gets silly seeing it all the time.

Pollack is as good as the players he's given.  He was great in Dallas because he had studs all over the line.  He's not likely to get guys like that here.  He's going to have to make them, and idk if he can.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season - samhain - 03-11-2023, 01:54 PM